Friday, June 27, 2014

I've Seen it All

I've been working hard to tame the inflatable herd. Even though I'm down to three horses and a little pony, they are still more than a handful. With a lot of petting sessions and some major lectures on appropriate equine behavior, I've finally been able to let them out of the barn. As it was a warm day, I decided to reward them with a splash in the waterfall. At first they seemed to be having a good time. Even my little pony looked more confident around the horses. 




She even ventured out of her own and had a little taste of the ivy. 


Then I heard a shrill scream come from high up in the trees. Just what I needed. Now the rest of the horses are going to run away. Before they could figure out what to do, something jumped down from the trees and landed right next to the pondl. I blinked twice. I couldn't believe who showed up on the scene.

A balloon monkey? Where the heck did he come from? I stood frozen not knowing what to do. Will the horses and pony run away and I'll just be left with a stupid balloon monkey? Thankfully the horses and the pony were just as puzzled. They just stood watching while the monkey hopped from plant to plant. Then something amazing happened. The horses began to play with the monkey. 

 So instead of just taking care of a herd of inflatable horses and a little pink pony, I guess I'm starting a zoo. Will the other horses ever return? What kind of animal is going to show up next? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment